Samsung is the most popular Android smartphone brand out there. Even then, many of them don't know how to transfer photos from Samsung S22 to PC. That's understandable because the Android world is quite fragmented, making it harder for users to keep track of how to do certain tasks on each Android brand.
However, we solve that problem in this article. Below-mentioned is some of the best answers to the question, "How to transfer photos from Samsung S22 to PC?" Let's get started.
- Part 1: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S22 to PC via USB Cable
- Part 2: How to Transfer Pictures from Samsung S22 Phone to Computer with Smart Switch
- Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S22 to PC via Bluetooth
- Part 4: How to Download Pictures from Samsung S22 Phone to Computer via Cloud Storage
- Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Photos on SamsungS22
Part 1: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S22 to PC via USB Cable
One of the simplest way to transfer photos from Samsung to PC is to use a USB cable. As we all know, a USB cable not only works as a charging cable, but it can be used to transfer files between your phone and computer. When the internet connection is poor or unavailable, with an appropriate USB cable, you can easily move the existing photos on your device to your PC. Read on to learn how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC using a USB cable.
On Windows PC:
Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable and tap "Allow" when you get the message "Allow access to phone data?" on your Samsung device.
- Once connected, pull down the notification panel on your phone, tap on "USB for file transfer".
On the USB settings page, select either the "Transferring files/Android Auto" option or the "Transfering images" option.
- Open "This PC" on your computer and double click on your phone's name listed under the Drives section.
Open the DCIM folder where your photos are stored, select and copy the the entire photo folders or the photos that you'd like to transfer, then paste them into a folder that is saved on your PC.
If you're using a Mac, follow the below-mentioned steps to transfer photos from Samsung to PC with a USB cable.
- Download and install Android File Transfer on your Mac.
- Connect your Samsung phone to the Mac using a usb cable that comes with your Samsung, then tap "Allow" when the message read "Allow access to phone data?" appears on your phone.
- Tap "USB for file transfer" and make sure the USB settings are set to Transferring files/Android Auto or Transferring images.
Launch Android File Transfer and double click the DCIM folder from the Android File Transfer window.
- Select the pictures you want and drag them to your Mac's desktop.
Part 2: How to Transfer Pictures from Samsung S22 Phone to Computer with Smart Switch
Another way for you transfer pictures from Samsung to PC is through Samsung Smart Switch. With Smart Switch, you can easily transfer various types of files including contacts, photos, messages, and so on from your Samsung device to a PC. Here's how to download pictures from Samsung phone to computer using Smart Switch.
- Download and install Samsung Smart Switch on your Windows PC/Mac and your Samsung device. Launch the program and then connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
To transfer photos from your Samsung to PC, choose "Backup" and you'll see all items that can be backed up to your PC. You can select the Images item or click "Select all" in the top left hand corner and then click "OK".
The program will start backing up your photos on your device. Wait for the backup process to complete and click "OK" when it's done.
To view Smart Switch backup photos or files on your PC, click the three horizontal dots in the top-right of the Smart Switch menu. From the drop-down list, select "Preferences".
You can either head to the backup file location that is displayed below Backup folder location or click Details > View backup folder > Photo > DCIM to view the photos transferred from your Samsung to PC.
This is how easy you can do to transfer photos from Samsung to PC.
Part 3: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S22 to PC via Bluetooth
If you're wondering how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC wirelessly, Bluetooth could be your answer. However, this method is not recommended because transferring files from your Samsung to PC through BT could be very slow.
Nonetheless, here's how you can transfer photos from Samsung to PC using Bluetooth.
- On your Samsung device, head into Settings > Connections > Bluetooth to enable Bluetooth. On your Windows 10, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices to set Bluetooth on.
- You'll see a list of all available devices to pair on your phone. Select the name of your Windows PC and tap on "Pair".
- A window will pop up on your PC, notifying you to add a device. Click it to set up your Samsung device. Tap "Yes" when a popup appears saying Pair Device and you'll see a "Connection succeed" bar.
Click "Send or receive files via Bluetooth" and then "Receive files" on your PC.
- Open the Gallery app on your phone and select the photos you want to transfer to PC.
Tap the Share button and select "Bluetooth" from the share sheet. Then Select the name of your Windows PC listed on the list of available devices.
Your computer will automatically start receiving and downloading the photos transferred from your phone. Wait for the transfer to complete. You will be prompted to specify the location in your computer where you want to save it when all the photos are received successfully.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Samsung device. To turn Bluetooth on Mac, go to System Preferences > Bluetooth to enable Bluetooth.
On the list of available devices showing on your Mac, select the name of your Samsung device and click on the "Connect" option.
- A passcode will appear on each screen of your device. Tap "Pair" on your Samsung device.
Now, enable Bluetooth Sharing on your Mac by heading to System Preferences > Sharing. From there, you can select a location for accepted items and set what to do when a file transfer request comes in.(Video) ALL GALAXY PHONES: HOW TO TRANSFER PHOTOS/VIDEOS TO COMPUTER
- After setting up Bluetooth Sharing on your Mac, open the Gallery app on your phone and select the photos you want to send. Tap on Share, select "Bluetooth" and then tap the name of your Mac. You will see your Mac receiving the photo files transferred from your phone.
By default, the received photos will be land in your Downloads folder.
Part 4: How to Download Pictures from Samsung S22 Phone to Computer via Cloud Storage
In addition to the above-mentioned methods, you can also transfer pictures from Samsung to PC via a cloud storage service, like Google Drive or Dropbox. Here's how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC without USB.
Open Google Drive on your Samsung device. Tap the Plus button and click to upload a new file.
- Select the photos you want to transfer, then wait for them to be uploaded.
- Navigate to Google Drive on your PC's browser, and sign in with your Google Account.
Select the photos you have just uploaded from your Samsung to your Google. Right click the selected photos and choose the "Download" option, then your browser will prompt you to save the photos. Click on "Save" and specify a location to download the photos to your PC.
Bonus Tip: How to Recover Deleted Photos on Samsung S22
If you've accidentally deleted some photos on your Samsung phone and are wondering how to recover deleted photos on Samsung, Tenorshare UltData for Android is your answer.
With this tool, not only can you recover deleted photos from Android Gallery, but you can recover any data from Android phone, even with Broken Screen. Besides, you can view/download WhatsApp backup from Google Drive. Here's how you can use it to recover lost photos from your Samsung.
Download and install UltData for Android on your computer, and then connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable.
Open the program and select "Recover Lost Data" from the main interface.
Enable USB Debugging by following the on-screen instructions.
Select the data type you want to recover. In our case, select Photos — then hit Start.
Select the photos you want to recover, then click the "Recover" button in the lower-right corner.
Your photos will be recovered to your PC immediately.(Video) How to Transfer Photos from Android Phone or Tablet to PC
Many Samsung users find it tricky to transfer photos from their Samsung device to a PC. In this article, we have learned how to transfer photos from Samsung to PC with some easy-to-follow methods. In the end, if you accidentally delete some photos or other kinds of data on your Samsung device, Tenorshare UltData for Android for Android is your best choice.
Share files with a USB cable
Unlock your phone, and then connect it to a computer using the USB cable. On the phone, a notification about the USB connection may appear; swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Notification panel, and then tap the notification. Select the option for MTP or Transferring files.
- Unlock your phone.
- With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
- On your phone, tap the "Charging this device via USB" notification.
- Under "Use USB for," select File Transfer.
- A file transfer window will open on your computer.
No, you cannot use Samsung Quick Share to transfer files across Android and iPhone because the app works only for Samsung. Does Quick Share work with Windows? Yes, Samsung Quick Share is available for Windows 10 and 11. You can use it with Samsung Galaxy Book, Book Pro, and Book Pro 360.Does Smart Switch transfer photos? ›
With Smart Switch, you can transfer your apps, contacts, call logs, messages, photos, videos and other content to your new Galaxy device quickly and easily — whether you're upgrading from an older Samsung smartphone, another Android device, an iPhone or even a Windows phone.How do I transfer files from Samsung to PC via USB? ›
- Connect your Android device to your PC using your USB cable.
- Your device may ask what kind of connection to open. ...
- Now you can open Windows File Explorer on your computer.
- Click your phone from the list on the left.
- Browse and select files to transfer.
- Right-click > Copy.
If you prefer transfer photos from your Android phone over USB, connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable. Once connected, you'll see your device name in the Windows File Explorer on your computer. Double-click your device. Here you can access its internal storage.How do I download all my photos from my phone to my computer? ›
- Turn your phone on and unlock it. Your PC can't find the device if the device is locked.
- On your PC, select the Start button and then select Photos to open the Photos app.
- Select Import > From a connected device, then follow the instructions.
See also. You can plug your device into your PC via a USB cable and access the photos from your phone. You can use the Windows Photos app to import the photos from your phone. By default, your photos are automatically saved to Google Photos, from which you can download them to your PC.How do I use Quick share on my s22? ›
- First, make sure the Quick Share feature is turned on for both phones. On the other device, open the notification panel, swipe downwards, and then tap Quick Share to activate it.
- Launch the Gallery app and select an image.
While Windows 10 can support this feature on devices from numerous OEMs such as Dell, Lenovo and HP, the users will need a Samsung mobile device to use Quick Share. The desktop integration is based on the OS, but the mobile feature isn't.
Once that's set up, open the Quick settings panel on your phone by swiping down from the top of the screen, and then tap the Link to Windows icon. Tap Link your phone and PC on your phone's screen, and then tap Continue. Scan the QR code that is displayed on your PC's screen.How do I download my Gallery photos? ›
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app .
- Select a photo or video.
- Tap More. Download.
Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable, and then tap Allow on your phone. Next, navigate to and open Smart Switch on your computer, and then click Backup. A list of different data categories (Call and contacts, messages, apps, etc.) you can back up will display.Why is my Samsung phone USB not connecting to the computer? ›
Check Your Phone's USB Cable
Steps to check that it is not the cable causing the problem include; Check that the cable is free from noticeable damage. Check that the cable is fast enough for your computer and/or is a data cable. Newer computers may need a USB 3.1 speed data cable to connect correctly.
Move your Files with USB Connection. Moving files wirelessly is fast but using a Smart Switch USB OTG connection is faster. A wired connection is still the most ideal mode of transfer because it does not have any interferences in between unlike in a wireless environment wherein you need to consider other devices around ...Can Smart Switch transfer from phone to PC? ›
Smart Switch allows you to transfer the data from Android, or iOS devices over Wi-Fi, USB, or a Mac or PC.What does not transfer with Samsung Smart Switch? ›
Items that cannot be backed up with Smart Switch
App data: Data saved in private storage cannot be backed up. Email: Social Hub and Premium accounts (Push email) are excluded. Live wallpapers and themes: Live wallpapers and themes are excluded. You can reinstall these from the Galaxy Store.
Get the Transfer Companion App on your Android phone. Scan the Droid Transfer QR code with the Transfer Companion App. The computer and phone are now linked. Select the files that you'd like to transfer from your Android device and hit "Copy to PC" in Droid Transfer.How do I transfer files from Android to PC for seamlessly? ›
- USB cable. Using the USB cable that came with your smartphone is probably the easiest way to connect and transfer files to your computer. ...
- Bluetooth. ...
- Microsoft Phone Link. ...
- Pushbullet. ...
- Google Drive. ...
- OneDrive. ...
- Snapdrop. ...
- Use an FTP server.
On the PC, click the Start icon, and then click the Settings icon. Click Phone, and then click Add a phone. Enter your phone number, and then click Send. On your phone, open the text message, and open the link.
- Open the Photos app on your Android device.
- Tap on the Menu in the top left corner of the screen (the three lines, otherwise known as a hamburger menu) and navigate to Settings > Back Up Sync.
- Toggle Backup & Sync to On.
Use the My Files app on your Samsung mobile to choose all of the photographs you wish to download. Choose Bluetooth as the method and your PC as the destination when sharing them. Click Finish when the file transfer request appears on the PC.How do I transfer pictures from my thousands from my phone to my computer? ›
Plug the phone's USB charging cable into your PC or laptop, and then go to “Settings.” Tap on “Connected devices,” even though it shows Bluetooth below it. Select “USB” from the menu. Choose “File Transfer” from the list of options. Your PC should now display your Android 10 smartphone as a device in File Explorer.How do I transfer photos from Samsung to computer without USB? ›
All you need to do is upload your photos to the Google Photos app installed on your phone. Then, import them from the Google Photos web to your PC.What is Dcim storage? ›
DCIM in an Android Phone This sample of folders in an Android phone plugged into a Windows computer shows the DCIM folder. It contains the folders, where the camera and screenshot images are stored.What is Auto Sync in gallery? ›
Automatic sync: You can access any photos you take and any edits you make to them on any device you sign in to. If you edit and save a photo on your phone, the photo looks the same on Google Photos. Fast and powerful search: You can search your photos by the people in them when you turn on face groups.Is there an app to transfer photos from Android to PC? ›
Using the Dropbox mobile app, you can easily transfer photos between Apple and Android devices, or seamlessly transfer them to your desktop or tablet. You can also safeguard your photos by saving them to the cloud, or even share them with your family and friends.Where is quick share on this device? ›
- From the top of your screen, swipe down.
- Tap Nearby Share . If you can't find Nearby Share , from the top of the screen, swipe down twice and tap Edit . Then drag Nearby Share to your Quick Settings.
- Choose your options: Visible to nearby devices: Your device is only visible if this option is turned on.
It can be rightly called Samsung's version of AirDrop, and you can find it in the Share menu while sharing files on your Galaxy phone. Quick Share was launched in 2020 on select Samsung Galaxy phones but it's now available on all Samsung Galaxy devices running Android 10+ or One UI 2.0+.Can I download Quick share on PC? ›
A few months ago, it was reported Samsung was developing a Quick Share app for Windows 10, which would make it easy to share photos, videos, and documents from Galaxy devices to your computer. That app is now live in the Microsoft Store.
Add shortcuts to Home screens
Touch and hold the app until a menu displays, and then tap Add to Home. Touch and hold the app until the Home screen is displayed, and then release the app in your desired location.
To transfer Samsung files to PC wirelessly, you can just launch OneDrive on your device. Now, tap on the “+” icon and simply choose to upload files from your device storage to the drive. Whenever you want to download your data, you can just go to the website of OneDrive and log in to your account.Where are my gallery photos stored? ›
If you're missing photos or videos from other apps or devices, check your device folders. On your Android phone or tablet, open Google Photos . At the bottom, tap Library Find the folder under Photos on device. If available, open your device folders to find your missing item.How do you download all photos from Google Photos at once to PC? ›
- Select multiple photos: see here how to select.
- At the top right, click "More options" (three dots in the top-right corner)
- Click "Download" (Shift+D)
With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer. On your phone, tap the "Charging this device via USB" notification. Under "Use USB for," select File Transfer. A file transfer window will open on your computer.Where does Smart Switch backup to on PC? ›
Note: You can access Music and Photos from the backup location inside the folder at: Windows: C:\Users\*your PC user id*\Documents\Samsung\SmartSwitch\backup\*device model number*\How do I backup my whole phone to my computer? ›
- Step 1: Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable.
- Step 2: Pull down the notification panel on your phone. ...
- Step 3: From the pop-up message "Use USB To", select Transfer Files or File Transfer option.
- Step 4: On your computer, you will see a notification on your computer.
Check the USB connections and cables.
Make sure the USB cable is fully plugged in to your computer and your device. Try using a different USB cable. Not all USB cables can transfer data. Try a different USB port on your computer, if possible.
Check the USB Connection Mode on Your Phone (Windows/Mac)
Here's how to do that: Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Pull down the notification bar, and you should see an Android system entry that shows the current connection mode. Tap the connection mode item to open the USB Preferences page.
- Open Device Manager and then disconnect the USB device from your computer. Wait a few moments and then reconnect the device. ...
- Connect the USB device to another USB port.
- Connect the USB device to another computer.
- Update the USB device drivers.
To transfer files over Wi-Fi, your computer and the smartphone or other device containing the photos must both be connected to the network. If either is not on Wi-Fi, your PC won't be able to browse your photos. Check the settings on both devices, making sure that each is logged into the same network.How do I get my computer to recognize my Samsung phone? ›
On the PC, click the Start icon, and then click the Settings icon. Click Phone, and then click Add a phone. Enter your phone number, and then click Send. On your phone, open the text message, and open the link.What is the easiest way to transfer photos to laptop? ›
- Use a USB cable to connect your device to the PC.
- In the search box on the taskbar, type photos and then select the Photos app from the results.
- Select Import from the app bar.
- Your devices will automatically show under Import.
- Choose your device from the list of connected devices.
- 1 Launch your default web browser and search Smart Switch PC in the URL search bar.
- 2 Scroll down the page to Download Smart Switch.
- 3 Choose between WINDOWS or MAC OS. ...
- 4 Click Keep.
Samsung Flow delivers a seamless, secure, and connected experience between your smartphone and Tablet/PC.Why won't my PC see my phone? ›
The problem of the phone not recognized by pc is commonly caused by incompatible USB cable, wrong connection mode, or outdated drivers.